Quick Hits is a short compilation of question-raising news stories, blog posts, and video clips that Education Sector team members are reading or viewing each day.
- “Few policymakers, parents, practitioners, for example, ever ask: What are the assumptions behind this reform?” (Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice)
- Petrilli asks: Are school reformers turning into compliance police? (Flypaper)
- Although they’re under close scrutiny from political leaders in Washington, what successful practices can for-profit colleges share with their non-profit counterparts? (Inside Higher Ed)
- Matt Yglesias has some ideas about what types of federal programs Congressional Republicans should seek to cut. Would you have guessed that one of them relates to Domino’s? (Yglesias)
- How can colleges begin credentialing students’ independent learning? (Community College Spotlight)