Quick Hits is a short compilation of question-raising news stories, blog posts, and video clips that Education Sector team members are reading or viewing each day.
- Are education scholars fighting the forest fire of value-added teacher evaluations with a garden hose? (HechingerEd Blog)
- Putting a price on professors: Should public universities care how much their faculty contribute to the bottom line? (The Wall Street Journal)
- Is Chris Cristie an unlikely champion of school reform? A principled, goal-focused politician, or an abrasive, career-focused apparatchik? (This Week in Education)
- Should aid for college students be distributed through the federal tax code? (Higher Ed Watch)
- Just how important is the human element in school turnarounds? (Education Week)