Quick Hits is a short compilation of question-raising news stories, blog posts, and video clips that Education Sector team members are reading and viewing each day.
- Bad day for Twitter? When the NYT bans the word “tweet,” others ask why a home-grown Iranian Twitter Revolution produced so many tweets in English. (The Awl, Foreign Policy)
- How will we get beyond the traditional school? (Education Innovating)
- What’s Petrilli’s response to Greene’s worries over common/national standards? (Flypaper)
- Should colleges and universities create Chief Diversity Officer positions to ensure that diversity issues and policies are considered comprehensively? (Diverse: Issues in Higher Education)
- In which grades do students in NM, ME, GA, OK, FL, and OR learn how to use an adverb? Check out this nifty interactive map on state education standards. (Hechinger Report)